*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165628-Got-The-Evidence
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2165628
Always a good idea to have proof.
The client wasn't sure that his wife was cheating. Sadly, in my experience, many husbands with attractive younger wives, often face a major disappointment.

PI George Newton, at your service. Much of my business is documenting that what spouses suspect, is all too true.

This case started 5 days ago, when Michael Casey entered my office.

"Mr. Newton," he started, "Dick Bond recommended you."

Told me where this was going. Bond's wife had been very loving; with three different guys at the same time.

"Lately, Gloria, my wife, has been vague about why she's away from the house so much during the day," Michael continued.

"We've almost reached our seventh anniversary, so..." he tailed off, before finishing, "so I'd just like to know."

A lot of spouses would be better off not wanting to "know" so much.

Casey mentioned a young manager at their golf club as a concern, so my first step was to visit the club. The manger looked like the classic type for a fling.

So, no real surprise when I followed Gloria to a restaurant out in the burbs, to see her meeting with the stud. A telephoto lens, and a long range recording microphone, would nail down the evidence.

"Are you sure you weren't followed?" Gloria asked.

"I've been very careful," he replied. "No-one at the club knows what's going on."

Pretty much standard so far. But then, things took a strange turn.

"I brought Dan here along," the manger continued, as another guy entered the picture.

"A ménage à trois?" I wondered?

"Dan's our head chef, and will work with you on the menu."

"That's wonderful," Gloria responded. "I want this to be the best anniversary party ever."

Well, well, good news for the client. And proof to make sure he believes it.

© Copyright 2018 Sailor M (sailor40 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2165628-Got-The-Evidence