*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166397-Reunion
by Triv
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #2166397
Flash Fiction on a family reunion
The triplets had not seen or spoken to each other since that fateful day. Thirty years now, but the pain was still raw. Each boy was a soaring success in his field. William was a cardiologist and people came from all over the world for the honor to be under his scalpel. George started a small software company which was now worth over a billion dollars. Mick, always the rebel and the artist had become a successful musician with multiple hits to his credit.

Their father was dying and he had called them all to the home. He refused treatment saying that it was his time and had no wish to prolong the inevitable. None of them were close to him as he had never been good to them. He had a vindictive streak in him which thankfully none of his sons inherited.

One by one they walked into their ancestral home trying their best to ignore each other but also attempting maturity in their behavior. After all these years, there was still no way of telling them apart. Old man Theo waited for all them to come in. He had shrunk to half his size and it was hard to tell that that he had been a giant of a man. Tubes emanated from him and machines whirred around silently.

He beckoned weakly for all them to come close. His lips moved and they realized it was a smile but it was more a sneer.

His voice was weak and hoarse.” None of you killed your mother”. He paused, took a breath and spoke his last words “It was me”.

© Copyright 2018 Triv (triv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166397-Reunion