*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166595-My-World-Falls-at-His-Feet
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #2166595
"...our worlds begin to crumble with each step we take to be closer. "
My world falls at his feet
To me, there is nothing more exhilarating than looking into his blue eyes while he speaks.

He looks at me with such intention it makes my insides warm and turn fuzzy with each word that comes from his mouth.

His touch is gentle, he holds me like I’m a glass doll, bound to break, and it’s his job to protect me.

His laugh gives me life as joy spreads from his lips to his eyes and into to me.

I want to give him everything.

I want to show him that he deserves my love, all of it, unconditionally.

I want to show him that every word I say to him is sincere, and that he deserves a woman of much more virtue than I.

Instead I give him only heartbreak and pain as our two worlds collide.

The collision is much too powerful and our worlds begin to crumble with each step we take to be closer.

So instead, I’ll be watching from a distance. Loving him with all my soul, but he won’t be able to see it.

It can’t hurt him this way.
© Copyright 2018 Ronnieissad (ronnieissad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166595-My-World-Falls-at-His-Feet