*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166727-This-has-gotten-out-of-hand
by D.Nic
Rated: E · Fiction · Comedy · #2166727
What happens your feelings explode? - Writing Prompt for contest is the title:)

It was everywhere. Literally everywhere. I glanced up at the ceiling, trying to see past the liquid pouring down my face. It was so cold, and I was soaked to the bone, sticky and utterly disgusted.

I shuddered at the thought of just what I was covered in. Anything was better than this. The movies made it seem so much more... enjoyable.

I took a step towards the open door. *Squish*. My conscience shattered as my stomach began to churn. I took another step, but the sound was unnerving. I held onto the counter weakly as I bent over and lost my lunch.

Mom was going to be so pissed. I had just been so angry. I wasn't enough in her life - she was going to marry someone else to fulfill the hole in heart. I wiped my face with my grubby hands. That made it worse.

The door swung open and 'I can explain' spat out of my mouth. Scratch that. I couldn't explain this. I had just wanted her to know how I felt. This scene reflected everything I had bottled up. Unfortunately, it had just exploded, all at once.

Silence followed my words. Her eyes wandered the kitchen counter, the repetitive clicking of the fan echoing against the hollow walls. Chunks of cream were lodged in between the blades, preventing its silent spin. Her personally crafted ice cream wedding cake had been destroyed. Obliterated. Icing and cream had reached every corner.

The fan forced a small movement, chucking a scoop towards mom's face. She didn't dodge it. I couldn't even force a chuckle, as the guilt began to sink in.

She swallowed carefully, still not stepping into the room. "This has gotten out of hand." I could at least agree with that.

© Copyright 2018 D.Nic (swtchclt692 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166727-This-has-gotten-out-of-hand