*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166740-6-Tips-for-Mens-Skincare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Health · #2166740
Men's grooming and skincare are more popular than ever


Men's grooming and skincare are more popular than ever and many salons and spas are offering expanded service menus just for the guys. Hey, we get it, men want to look great too! So, if you're a dude who's been slacking on your skincare routine, here are 6 tips to get you up to speed.

1. Wear Sunscreen. Protect your skin from the sun with a good sunscreen to help prevent wrinkles, sun spots, and accelerated aging. Try JACK BLACK Oil-Free Sun Guard Sunscreen Water Resistant SPF 45. ($21) It won't leave your skin oily and it's free of parabens, sulfates, and phthalates.

2. Moisturize. If your skin feels dry and flakey, moisturizing will do wonders. "The interesting thing about skin care for men is that it often takes very little to make a big improvement," Kathleen M. Welsh, M.D., a San Francisco-based dermatologist, told Men's Health magazine. "So just using something other than bar soap on your face, or moisturizing twice a day makes such a huge difference." Try Malin and Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer. This moisturizer will gently hydrate your skin without clogging your pores ($50)

3. Get a Facial. GQ Magazine recommends that guys get facials for clearing out clogged pores, helping with breakouts, and moisturizing better. "Got an acne issue that won't clear up? A facial can work wonders in that department, since aestheticians and dermatologists are well-versed in the proper method of popping pimples, helping to reduce the risk of scarring and irritation," GQ shares. Want to have a facial in the privacy of your own home? Try Mobile Styles, the on-demand beauty, and wellness app, is the perfect way to find an awesome esthetician. You're just a few clicks away from a relaxing facial that will come to you.



4. Use a Good Razor. Shaving can be great for exfoliating the skin. However, using the wrong razor can lead to bumps, irritation, and itchiness. Make sure to use a good shaving cream/gel and a decent blade. Try Harry's The Truman. This quality razor comes at the budget price of $9 and was recently named a top men's razor by Esquire.


5. Stay Hydrated. Drinking water is great for your complexion because it helps flush out toxins. Livestrong reported, "When your blood gets thick and water-deficient from organs pulling water from it, the blood, in turn, pulls water from skin cells, according to Dr. Richard Besser, the chief health and medical editor at ABC News. This causes your skin to look dry and your eyes to look darker and sunken."



6. Find the Right Cleanser. If your cleanser is drying out your skin, you are using the wrong one. There are plenty of cleansers that will moisturize your skin and help leave it more radiant. Try Elemis Superfood Facial Wash. With ingredients like avocado, wheatgrass, and kale. It almost sounds like it's good enough to eat! ($25)

Your skincare routine doesn't have to be complicated to achieve results! If you don't know your skin type or which products will work for you, schedule an appointment with a Mobile Styles esthetician. A great facial and the right customized product recommendations can do wonders for your skin!


© Copyright 2018 MobileStyles (mscontributor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166740-6-Tips-for-Mens-Skincare