*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166853-Healthy-Heart
Rated: E · Article · Health · #2166853
9 foods for your healthy heart
Heart is the most important part of our body.

It plays a major role in circulatory system by pumping the blood .

Here is a list of 9 best foods to protect your heart and blood vessels.

1.OLIVE OIL

Olive Oil Is Rich in Healthy Monounsaturated fats and Large Amounts of Antioxidants.

Olive Oil Has Strong Anti-Inflammatory Properties.

Olive Oil May Help Prevent Strokes and Is Protective Against Heart Disease.

The Antioxidants in Olive Oil Have Anti-Cancer Properties.

It lowers inflammation, protects LDL cholesterol from oxidation, improves the function of the lining of the blood vessels, and may help prevent unwanted blood clotting in the heart.

2. OATMEAL

Oatmeal is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.

This fiber-rich superfood can lower levels of LDL (or bad) cholesterol and help keep arteries clear.

It's also full of nutrients including magnesium, potassium, folate, niacin, and calcium.


3.SALMON

Super-rich in omega-3 fatty acids, salmon can effectively reduce blood pressure, decrease the risk of abnormal heartbeats (arrhythmias), lower triglyceride levels, and slow the growth of plaque in the arteries.

Aim for two servings per week, which may reduce your risk of dying of a heart attack by up to one-third.

Salmon contains the carotenoid astaxanthin, which is a very powerful antioxidant.


4. NUTS

Walnuts , almond and macadamia nuts are full of plant omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, magnesium, fiber, heart-favorable mono- and polyunsaturated fats, and phytosterols.

Nuts increase fiber in the diet.

They are a great source of healthy fat.


5. BERRIES

Berries are packed with nutrients including beta-carotene and lutein (carotenoids), anthocyanin (a flavonoid), ellagic acid (a polyphenol), vitamin C, folate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and fiber.

Berries are full of anti-inflammatories, which reduce your risk of heart disease and cancer.

All berries are great for your vascular health.

Berries are good for your heart and the rest of your body.

6. LEGUMES

Fill up on fiber with lentils, chickpeas, and black and kidney beans.

They're packed with lots of omega-3 fatty acids, soluble fiber, B-complex vitamins, niacin, folate, magnesium, and calcium.

7. SPINACH

Spinach packs a heart-healthy punch with beta-carotene (a carotenoid), vitamins C and E, potassium, folate, lutein,calcium, and fiber.

8. FLAXSEED

Full of fiber and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids
along with both soluble and insoluble fiber, and lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities.

Ground flaxseed is easy to incorporate into your diet.


9. SOY AND SOY MILK

Soy may lower cholesterol, and since it is low in saturated fat, it's still a great source of lean protein in a heart-healthy diet.

Soy milk contains isoflavones (a flavonoid), B-complex vitamins, niacin, folate, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and phytoestrogens.

The protein found in soy milk can help lower blood cholesterol levels and may provide other cardiovascular benefits.

© Copyright 2018 Ramu bebibebi (bebibebi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2166853-Healthy-Heart