*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167122-Night-Terror
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Dark · #2167122
Isiah and Kiara in a cemetery at night. Not much more to say.
Night Terrors


Isiah and Kiara scampered up to the mausoleum and grasped it like it would be the last thing they'd ever feel tonight. Isiah couldn't breathe fast enough. The two had been running through the cemetery for over twenty minutes. He turned to Kiara. No words were necessary. The tears streaming down her cheeks said it all and he was just as scared. They'd have to get out of there somehow.

Why in the hell did she ask him to come here tonight anyway? He knew it was a stupid request, but he was blinded by her beauty and her body. He recalled his father telling him to stop thinking with Little Isiah. Boy, was he right, but it was too late now. Both of them were in deep shit. Both had to get out before the rest of them came.

"Come on Kiara. I'm tired too but we can't stop here. They'll catch our scent."

"I don't care anymore. I can't keep running! I'm too tired."

"I know you didn't mean that! We have to keep going. There's gotta be a way out of this place."

"We've run all around it. Dammit! There's no way out! Shit! I'm still bleeding from the one that bit my leg."

"We can do this Kiara. I'll help you."

"How? We can't see shit! Only the moonlight is guiding us. Plus my body is aching all over."

"C'mon. We can do this. Look. Let's head over there. C'mon, follow me."

Isiah took hold of Kiara and tugged her arm. Off he went toward the iron-wrought fence. He heard footsteps behind him which eased his mind. She was close behind. As he started over the fence, something snagged his pants leg. Kiara's hairy face and sharp teeth held a firm grip on them.


© Copyright 2018 Pernell Rogers (arogers270 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167122-Night-Terror