*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167194-Picnic-at-the-Vineyard
Rated: 18+ · Review · Activity · #2167194
Group of friends, a sip of wine, a taste of cheese, and the beautiful countryside.
Miranda Vineyard, Goshen, Ct

I don't know ... it was raining out. OK, so we all arrived and remained inside the tasting room. It was raining, and the outdoor deck had no cover. It was raining, and the patio on the ground level had no cover.

I had a good time because of the company. There were eight of us, and our conversations flowed. We all brought picnic snacks, Gabe treated Nina and me to a bottle of wine. He also bought a bottle for Deb & and himself. The wine is good here. I had a bottle of sweet, chilled Rose' and Gabe enjoyed a nice, sweet white wine.

We were there, chatting with each other. We didn't chat much with the employees. We didn't do any tastings. But, the employees were very busy with tastings both at the long bar, and the short bar.

On this particular visit, there was no entertainment. But the next day would be a different story.

There wasn't much merchandise to speak of ... a small shelf of artist-decorated glasses, a stand of wine-themed napkin bundles, a rack of Miranda tee shirts, another rack of wine-themed barware, and do-hickeys and trinkets and such.

The grounds had a few photo spots ... the truck & barrels, the grape vines themselves, great sweeping views of the countryside. There was a nice garden in front of the tasting room.

Alas, the rain didn't let up. Liquid sunshine, I call it.

I want to see the vineyard on a sunny day!! Try to arrange for a tour around the grape vines themselves. I'd like to chat with a grower, and get information about bringing around my own pitiful grapevine into a better spot at home.

So, I'll keep this as the first visit with lots of potential for a follow-up visit in the fall.

Five Stars.
August 12, 2018

© Copyright 2018 JoeMiller (joemiller at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167194-Picnic-at-the-Vineyard