*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167428-The-Enemy-Resides-Within
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Angie
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Emotional · #2167428
About my lifelong battle with the inner critic and my haunting low self esteem.
There you are, I knew you couldn't stay away for long.
The moment my eyes open to the morning light you let me know you didn't leave last night.
Tell me again how worthless, and ugly I am.
You can't let me forget how you feel about me.
Yes that's it - your ugly, your fat, your worthless.
Your a fool you really think any man could love someone like YOU.
Never a compliment oh no that you couldn't do.
Do you talk like that to everyone - oh ok you don't it's only with me that you are so downright rude.
You don't know how hurtful you are, how you can make my heart break every time you speak.
I can't pin point the moment that we started this relationship.
Were you always there?
Maybe you were not always so mean, maybe that's why I don't remember you when I was young.
But over the years you got so loud.
You now control my waking hours, even at night I dream about you.
The relationships that I got involved with and how those people treated me, was proof you were right.
How could I argue with you?
How could I not believe you?
There have been so many times that I just wish I could walk away from you and never look back.
But it is just too tough to do, you see the enemy resides within.
It's the voice of hatred inside my head.
© Copyright 2018 Angie (butrfly74 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2167428-The-Enemy-Resides-Within