*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2168486-Mrs-Gimbel-returns-to-class
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #2168486
A teacher returns to class after an unusual trip to the hospital.
Mrs. Gimbel nervously returned to her third grade class after a brief stay in the hospital. It was an emergency trip and many of the people around her were similar to her students, especially the doctors and nurses who treated her.
The longtime third grade teacher had become ill right after her class had read their essays on "When I grow up," where they talked about what they wanted to do for a living when they were older, Mrs Gimbel was amazed that so many of her students wanted to be doctors or nurses, Then when she was in the hospital, those students were her doctors and nurses!
As she entered, Linda, one of Mrs. Gimbel's students was directing another student in posting the classes' essays on the bulletin board.
"How has everything been?" Mrs. Gimbel asked.
"Oh, it went very well," Linda replied. "The class was very good, except for a few of the boys."
"They were very good for the substitute, don't you mean?" Mrs. Gimbel said, smiling at her student's excitement.
"Oh yes! They were very good!"
"Now Linda, " Mrs. Gimbel was about to correct her pupil when she saw the last essay to be posted.
"'When I grow up'" Mrs. Gimbel read. "By Linda. When I grow up, I want to be a teacher,"
Mrs. Gimbel stopped,
"Why yes Linda," she said. "I'm sure the class was in very good hands."
© Copyright 2018 Steve Joos (874-3150 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2168486-Mrs-Gimbel-returns-to-class