*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2168902-Thoughts-stemmed-from-91118
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by DeanJ
Rated: E · Article · Community · #2168902
How do you react in crisis?
How do you react in crisis? Today is 9/11/18, it’s been 17 years since the 9/11 tragedy. If you scroll through Facebook or Twitter there’s a strong possibility that you will encounter an argument regarding our President, kneeling during the anthem and/or day to day bickering about the latest “issues”. This is a time where we cannot live cohesively. Opinions and perspectives are labeled wrong without hesitation. People are obsessed with being right and to them, that is all that matters. Does that give them a sense of satisfaction? I don’t know. But a day like today is different, something happens, we all remember 9/11/01. We learn about everyone’s recollections of that dreadful day. If you go on social media and see the videos and stories from that day you will notice something. You will see how we as United States citizens reacted in crisis. We came together and in unity lifted the spirits of the mourning people across NYC and the world. But the question remains, why does it take crisis to unite people? Why must we endure the worst before we can spread kindness and love? Just do yourself a favor and be kind as often as you can. Life is short, dare to make a difference in someone’s life and make the world a better place.
© Copyright 2018 DeanJ (deanjulia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2168902-Thoughts-stemmed-from-91118