*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2170170-Caught
by AM11
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2170170
Flash Fiction Contest, 300 word limit.
For thirteen years their bedroom was a place of safety, comfort, and loving memories. This is where he would take his Wife and they would escape from the world to be alone together. But now this room had transformed, it felt like a prison interrogation room. The walls had closed in around him, it was difficult to breathe and his heart pounded so furiously, he thought it would burst from his chest.

She stared daggers at him, her lips quivering, hands shaking as years of untouched rage threatened to explode any moment. He had never seen this look before, normally she is calm and gentle but that person was no longer here.

“Honey, what… is… wrong?” he said in a broken voice

“Who is She?” she demanded

“Wh-“

Before he could even finish she had picked up a jewelry box and threw it at him, he quickly ducked getting out of the projectiles way.

“Don’t! You can’t deny it!” she exclaimed, screaming at the top of her lungs.

He knew he was caught, he wasn’t sure how but she must have found something while he was taking a shower. He was immobilized, his stomach ached and his body felt heavy. He had been so careful, he could try to lie and makeup a story, but he knew that would be pointless.

Tears began to fill his eyes.

“I-Im Sorry” he blurted out

Tears were now running down her angelic face, smearing the mascara from dinner earlier. She doubled over and grabbed her stomach, crying in pain.

“Get out!” She sobbed

Hesitant, he offered one more apology but he knew it fell on deaf ears. He slowly walked out of the room, knowing in an instance, he had destroyed everything and had hurt her more than he could ever know.
© Copyright 2018 AM11 (allanm11290 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2170170-Caught