*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2170193-The-Basement
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2170193
A man wakes up in a basement having no idea how he got there.
The Basement

I am in total darkness. My head is throbbing and I have no idea where I am. I don’t even know how I got here. I feel my way around trying to find any source of light. After a few long minutes I finally find the light switch and flip it on. Looking around I see that I am in some sort of basement. It is dark, dingy and covered in cob webs. I see a flight of stairs and I head up them. I try the door but it is locked. I ran back down and try to find another way out of here. I walk across and see another door on the far side of the room. I open the door and see that the room is also dark. I feel along the wall for the light switch and turn it on. Looking at the room I am shocked by what I am seeing. The room looks like an operating room with a bed in the center of the room and a light over it. Surgical tools around the bed and different monitors on the wall. “What are they going to do to me!” I thought. I walked over to the bed and see something more frightening. There appears to be a body under the sheet. I pull back the sheet and see a man lying on the bed. I could see that his abdomen had been cut open and stitched back up. “What is going on here and are they going to do the same thing to me?” I pull the sheet back over the man’s body.
I head back into the main room and see what else I can find. I walk over to a desk that is on the other side of the room and open the drawers to see if I can find any to clue to where I am at. I pull open on drawer and find a photo album of different people. I flipped through the book until I got to the last page. It was a picture of me with another person. It was the man I just saw on the operating bed. “Were the two of us related? I thought. I flipped over the picture and find the words “Miller Brothers” on the back. “Is that guy my brother? I took the picture and I put the book back into the drawer. I looked through the other drawers but there was nothing of interest. Just then I heard a strange noise coming from the other room. I turn around and went back into the other room. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The body on the bed was moving. Just then the man sat up and pulled the sheet off of himself. “You!” He yelled. He jumped off the bed and tried to attack me. I ran out of the room and he quickly followed me out there.
I yelled at him to stop but he wouldn’t. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!” he yelled. “I didn’t do that to you” I said. “Liar!” he yelled. Just then the doorknob at the top of the stairs started shaking. “What is going on down there?” The voice said. The man looked back at me and apologized. We both knew that we had to work together in order to get out of the basement alive. Just then the basement door swung opened. At the top of the stairs was a man dressed in overalls and a plaid shirt. With what appeared to be a potato sack over his head. He was also wielding a chainsaw. “You weren’t supposed to wake up and I am going to finish you as well.” The man started charging down the stairs and both me and the man both made a run for it. I ran back to the “operating room” and looked for any surgical tool that could help me. I saw that there was actually an axe on the floor and I picked it up. I ran back into the room and started charging at the killer with the axe. I saw the other man on the floor with an arm completely amputated. The killer snuck up behind me but I heard his chainsaw and I quickly turned around. I used the axe to stop the blade from coming towards me. This caused the blade to bounce back and slash him across the face. I then took another swing and stuck him in the face again. This caused him to drop the chainsaw and run back upstairs.
I turn to the man and asked him he was alright. “You need to go get help he told me. The man told me his name was Ben. He remembered, now we were brothers. I told him that I would go get help and be back as soon as I could. I ran up the stairs and saw that the killer forgot the lock the door. I open the door and saw myself in the rest of the house. I looked around and saw that I was in the living room. I found the front door and opened it. I ran outside and saw that the house was in the middle of nowhere. Although I was finally outside and was going to get help, little did I know the nightmare was only beginning.
© Copyright 2018 Football Fan (mcultrara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2170193-The-Basement