*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2170743-First-Contact
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2170743
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge- 300 words
"This is going to be so great!" Sadra was nauseatingly positive.

"I hope so,” I replied skeptically.

"They seem like a good race..." She glared at me, frustrated.

"Look, I'm here for your protection, and ALSO, because I'm a scientist employed to obtain OBJECTIVE data. No one knows them, all we've seen is what they've transmitted."

Sadra's expression went from annoyance to anticipation as we arrived. She adjusted her uniform. "Here we go!!" she exclaimed. "This is it!"

We descended the pad and stepped onto their planet for the first time.

"Greetings! On behalf of the Alliance of Extra-Solar Terrestrial Planets, we are happy to make contact with the inhabitants of Earth!"

A female of their species stepped forward.

"This is a historic moment for us, we have so much to share! Let me introduce you to some of our world leaders..."

We met many representatives of the human race, they were kind and ingratiating.

A male approached us. He was introduced as the "president of the United States".

"The U.S. welcomes you to Earth!" he said as he looked over our vessel. "We're gonna be great friends!"

Looked like Sadra was right all along.

He leaned in closer, his voice hushed.

"Under my leadership, in less than two years Earth has done better than it's ever done in the history of the planet! I've made everyone rich and happy! I'm the most important, stable genius on Earth! The other losers who call themselves leaders (and are doing a terrible job, by the way!) are a sham!! Lemme know if you want a personal tour of New York City, ladies." He winked at us.

"Waaaaiiit... is this the twitter guy??" I hissed at Sabra under my breath.

"Oh God, he is" she said. "You were right, I don't trust them."
© Copyright 2018 trailerpark bodhisattva (lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2170743-First-Contact