*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2170925-Halloween-Special
Rated: E · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #2170925
Made Editors Pick, Comedy: October 31, 2018!!! Thank you!!!!
What's today? I think it's important. Not a birthday... hmm. Maybe the Fall Festival? Not for a week. "Sandra?" A voice called. "Coming, mom!" I trotted down the stairs, the scent of pancakes wafting up. Horror made my blood run cold. "Mom?" I stared at her pale face, her bloodshot eyes, the blood dripping off her hands. "Where's dad?" I whispered. She didn't answer. "Mom?" I gave her a little tap, as though that would make everything okay again. She tumbled to the ground. A tear ran down my cheek. I walked to the window and took a breath. Then I turned around. Shakily, I walked over to her and set her head in my lap. "Mom?" I whispered. "Please get up." I heard a creak behind me. Then I screamed as she jumped up. She pulled off her face-no, mask- and grinned, and dad walked in. "Happy halloween, hun!"
© Copyright 2018 Buttonose (ashnay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2170925-Halloween-Special