*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2171040-Return-From-Mars-P8-The-End
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Sci-fi · #2171040
We have landed on Mars! What we find could explain the origins of the human race...

Return From Mars Adam.R.Crump

Return From Mars - Part 8

The End


"We got our last transmission from Earth seven days ago. It was a garbled message from Houston. They said that they were having difficulties communicating with anyone outside their vicinity.

Epohtsol!

There are only two of us left in Helios now. Abigail and myself; Abigail is still comatose; I brought her into mission control after I woke up and found Epohtsol gone, taking the last of our emergency escape pods. Epohtsol's ravaging of her body had taken its toll, and she was still recovering.

I sit now waiting, and watching the screens, hoping that the human race has fought back, that eventually I will get a communication saying that Epohtsol was defeated, but I fear that communication will never come.

At the start of this message I questioned whether or not we are alone in this universe. My question has been answered, but now I have a new one. Are you ready to find out if we are alone? I send this warning to anyone who is listening. I implore you not to give into fear; grab onto hope with both hands and never let go.

On the radar screen in front of me, I glimpse the blip that is heading towards us. It took off from Cape Canaveral, Florida ten minutes ago. I am unsure of who, or what is in the ship. I have sent several radio signals, but have received no reply.

I can only hope that the human race has prevailed. That they have overcome fear and stopped the monster that is Epohtsol from fulfilling his destiny. I hope that whatever comes through the airlock when it docks with Helios is friendly. I hope that someone is listening. I hope...

...end transmission...


Adam.R.Crump

Whangarei

New Zealand

5th September 2011



© Copyright 2018 Adam.R.Crump (hektor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2171040-Return-From-Mars-P8-The-End