*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2171588-Trapped
Rated: E · Short Story · Psychology · #2171588
Willingly sacrificing, and facing the consequences.
Darkness. All they could see was darkness. Trapped, even if they entered willingly, the fact remains that they would be with the darkness for all the foreseeable future; and then some.
It was hard to remember, to keep track of why, to not just let go and be with their surroundings. Even something so simple as a name was just out of reach, no matter how hard they tried to grasp. An image of a face, a reason to sacrifice them self to this pain, for yes, the darkness hurt, was the only thing still burning brightly in their mind; even if the image was beginning to blur.
They needed to stand here, right here. They didn’t know why, they just knew they could not, under any circumstances, let the darkness encompass the region behind them, and for some inexplicable reason it couldn’t pass them. They just had to stand strong, enduring the endless suffering and the ever encroaching black, until they would be relieved. Would they be relieved? They didn’t know, all they knew was that they couldn’t move, for they were protecting… something, someone? A silhouette was all they could remember.
Tired, the only emotion. Even the pain had began to blur, standing was the only thing familiar.
They would not move.
© Copyright 2018 Michael (kerumai at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2171588-Trapped