*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2171633-You-Monster
by Pat
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #2171633
A short story about why kindness matters.
This is based off of Neon Gravestones by Twenty One Pilots and something that has actually happened to me.

Dear monster,
Questions. All these questions. 'Show me your arms' 'Do they hurt you at home?' 'Which kid did this?'.
Answers 'I'll show you my pain' 'Why would they?' 'that one, over there'
They make me feel uncomfortable. Can you please just stop? The pain that they feel will never be the paint that we should feel.
In case of bullies, I wouldn't have guessed that they would be so liked by the many, for they too should be blamed for murder.

Once I was rude and felt horrible. That word 'fat' should not have left my mouth you see I was mad. Mad at your games and the way that you treated me. Mad at the fact you had called me the same thing. The way that you taunted the ones who were not as good as you. You treat yourself as if you're higher. Is this how a monster acts?

What a nice boy he once was. My bestfriends crush. Then he met you. You turned him into a monster. 'Didn't forget you liked peppermints' he tells you as he speaks with such sweetness. What have you done to him? You monster

Well how great. You told the whole school. Now they know only one truth. The truth that you speak is not the truth that I think. They don't see through your thick skin.They don't hear through your sugar coated voice. But what if I were to tell? Then would they believe me? Is this how a monster acts?
1% left.
Well thats just great. It was just last year you had ruined my dreams of my beautiful piano. 'Shes good' 'Not really'. The laugh your friend gutted as you said 'shes scary'. How did I know? My friend heard too. You monster.

Must I remind you? My bestfriend is no longer here. His bullies pushed him. Shouldn't they be held liable? Their monsters like you. Maybe you would fight right in.
-Sincerely a human with thick skin
© Copyright 2018 Pat (sketchwise2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2171633-You-Monster