*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2172046-Susan-and-Pete
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2172046
Three Minute Read
Susan and Pete

“How long have you been at this?”

“Silence!”

“I don’t think so. You’re terrible, don’t they give you any lessons??”

“Silen... what do you mean, terrible?”

“Well, I’m in my bedroom with the door and windows shut, don’t you think I’d be scared of a tiger suddenly appearing?”

“They said a cat...

“Probably because I have a cat. You were probably supposed to take over my cat. She’s hiding under the bed now. You scared her.”

“Well why weren’t you scared?”

“First of all when I came in my room, and shut the door behind me, I was pretty sure I didn’t have a real tiger in here. And second of all, the tiger I had was a stuffed animal. You took over the body of my stuffed tiger. You’re not scary, you’re cute.”

“Well, I’m new at this.”

“I can see that. What’s your name?”

“I’m Pete. I think this was just a starter lesson.”

“I’m Susan. Yeah, I get that. Living next to the cemetery I’ve seen plenty. You’re the first one who came in my room though.”

“I’m sorry. Can I stay with you a little while? I’m confused, what with the dying and all, I miss my family. I was only ten. I don’t think I’m ready for being scary.”

“I’m ten too! You know, you probably don’t have to be scary. Remember Casper the friendly ghost? He was nice.”

Wasn’t that just a storybook?”

“And a movie... Do you need a hug?”

“Is that legal?”

“I don’t know, but since you’re a stuffed animal right now, I think it would be. You can stay here as long as you want.”

“Yes... I think I would like a hug.”

Pete stayed with Susan for seventy-two years. Then Susan joined Pete, they stayed together still.
© Copyright 2018 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2172046-Susan-and-Pete