*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2172676-The-Wheels-Of-Time
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #2172676
Remembering the times of my life
In the latter stages of my life the wheels of time turn just a bit faster now. As seasons come and go I have noticed so many things that I could have done a little differently. And, yet through all the years where I have known ecstasy, joy and jubilation there always seem to be moments of anguish, despair, suffering and woe. From caviar to humble pie, from the sublime to the absurd the wheels of time flew by.

Now, as I sit in my easy chair reminiscing perhaps I too was caught up in life's moments for I really didn't notice how the years rolled by. When we are young too many don't see the passage into maturity. Many a time little did we know that the road would bend and we so often refused to see when our youth would end.

Many mistakes were made along the way and for some there will always be a price to pay. The wasted hours of wasted days sometimes it seems if we had squandered what little precious time we have. Life is too short for in a blinking of an eye the wheels of time have marched on by. When I was young I had all the answers. So certain I was in the decisions I made. But, into uncharted waters I made my way.

In the still of the night and all through the years the loves I had bring me to tears. I will always remember those soft honey lips. The wine of lovers gentle first kiss. Those moments of ecstasy were fleeting at best for the wheels of time kept flying by. But, all through my life where there were moments of great heights to soon I hit the ground. I admit I left some wreckage around. I didn't know some lies would hurt. The breaking of hearts in the game that's played is pause for reflection now as the wheels of time flew by.

And, now that I am old and grey the haunting memories are here to stay. The many lives I have touched far too many I have left behind. The many songs of longing I have sung. Sweet regret and hope have run dry for the wheels of time have flown by. As the sun is setting on my years I must admit I was a minstrel in my time who could not see the wheels of time fly by.
© Copyright 2018 Dr.Williams (dr.williams at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2172676-The-Wheels-Of-Time