*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2172967-Nothing
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Dark · #2172967
A girl does nothing while her boyfriend dies.
I wish I had done something more. I wish I had helped them. Instead, I just stood there and watched. I wanted to run away. I wanted to leave this place and go somewhere else. Anywhere else. I didn't want to just stand there and watch him die. But that's what I did. When Ollie declared that Issac was dead, I said nothing. I just stood there while they carried his body away. I did nothing to help them. I just stood there until Emily came up to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I just looked at her. What a stupid thing to say. Of course, I wasn't okay. How could I possibly be okay? I just watched my boyfriend die and I did nothing to help him.

"If you want to talk," She said, "I'm always here."

She left and I was alone. I wanted to scream. I wanted to sob. Instead, I stood there. I was so angry at myself for not helping them. For not doing anything. I should have done something. Anything would have done. But I just stood there. I said nothing. I did nothing.
© Copyright 2018 Penguibunny (penguibunny at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2172967-Nothing