*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173208-Match-fixing---The-Bane-Of-Cricket
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #2173208
Article about Message Fixing
Cricket has been a very popular game in India for over a century.
With the national obsession for cricket , there has come big money into it. According to an estimate, Rs. 25000 crore are involved in advertisement revenues , endorsements, game payments, broadcast and telecast rights, etc. Most of this money comes from the indian subcontinent. The screaming newspaper headlines and television stories tell us that we are at the end of innocence. The knock seems even harder with fall of people.
It all came to light when delhi police came up with tapes of conversation on telephone with a bookie and match fixer. It was a black day on april 14, 2000 for cricket when match fixing broke. The cricket lovers felt cheated and disgusted. They were shocked to learn that cricket is a game where result is pre-drawn and players are nothing but sporty models are paid to hurl abuses at one another.
© Copyright 2018 saurabh (saurabh711 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173208-Match-fixing---The-Bane-Of-Cricket