*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173306-Be-Careful-of-What-You-Wish-For
by chasc
Rated: E · Short Story · Career · #2173306
Even the simple things in life can be what we really want

Be Careful What You Wish For!


Sadly What We Have Is Not What We Want, and Conversely What We Want Is Not What We Have!

My 12 speed 28 inch Peugeot bicycle was pretty much all I had to get me around when I was in college. I had trusted it to get me through rain, hot weather and the dead of night. As I pedaled along and through cemetery short cuts at the wee hours of the morning, it was everything. I had a girlfriend on the other side of town that I saw pretty much every day after school, and my cycle would take me there and back before my midnight studies. As I said before, it was everything.

However on those cold, wet blistery days I would actually walk to school being it was about one block or so away.


It was on these days I would think about how great it would be to have a nice car!


The days and months went by and soon I found myself graduating from college. Within no time I secured myself a job, an apartment and a brand new automobile. The price of the car was exactly the same as one year's salary but I plunked down the down payment, signed the agreement and drove off the automobile lot. It was a comfort like I never knew. After about one year on my way to work, I sat at a light in traffic and watched some cyclists whiz by.


It was then I said to myself, I wish I had a nice bike!

© Copyright 2018 chasc (chasc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173306-Be-Careful-of-What-You-Wish-For