*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173869-Embarrassment
Rated: E · Assignment · Emotional · #2173869
Course 102- Show vs. Tell
Sean's soon-to-be drums teacher was somewhat of a local celebrity, as well as his personal idol. He played on tour and appeared on TV shows with famous bands regularly. The other kids in seventh grade were gonna be so jealous.

Mom pulled up to the entrance to the studio. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay?"

Instantly irritated, he snapped back. "Oh my GOD mom, are you KIDDING?? Don't come in, I'll text you when I'm done!" He looked nervously around, hoping there was no one nearby. He hadn't meant to be that loud.

"OK! Have fun!" She responded warmly. Moms know all about seventh grade drama.

Sean entered the building, making his way down the hallway toward the studio. He took a breath before opening the heavy door.

A floor to ceiling barrier of soundproof glass separated a small waiting area from the sound room.

A girl sat on a stool with an acoustic guitar in her lap, her music stand a couple of feet from her. She was one of the most popular girls in his school. She was also so pretty it was almost painful to look directly at her.

His teacher sat on a stool a few feet from her, obviously in the middle of teaching her lesson. Two adults, presumably her parents, were seated on a leather loveseat outside of the sound room leafing through magazines.

Everyone immediately stopped talking, playing guitar, reading a magazine, and probably breathing from what it seemed like to Sean. Time stood still.

A jolt of lightning-like adrenaline bolted through his chest. His breath caught in his throat.

"Uh-um-uh-hey-uh..." was all he could get out. Heat coursed thorough his ears, settling in his cheeks. He was very aware of the crimson color he must be turning.

"Hi Sean!" his teacher greeted him as he exited the booth. "Are we supposed to have lessons this afternoon?"

The girl was watching through the glass. Sean wished the ground would swallow him.

"Um... well yeah... I thought so." He replied timidly.

"Hold on, lemme look at my calendar. Be right back..."

After an eternity he returned with his phone. "I didn't think we met today! See, you don't start until next week."

"Oooohhh. I must've written down the wrong day... sorry to interrupt." Sean wasn't sure if he could actually move his feet to get to the door.

"I look forward to seeing you next week, dude!" At least his idol was nice.

Once Sean reached the other side of the door, he bolted for the restroom. He locked himself in the one marked "men's" and slammed his back against the door.

Hot and salty tears stung his cheeks. He splashed some cold water on his face.

He wanted his mom. With a measure of relief, he texted her to come pick him up.










© Copyright 2018 trailerpark bodhisattva (lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2173869-Embarrassment