*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174143-Unknown
by Alisha
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Relationship · #2174143
A rock star and a fan fall in love while on a cruise
         The security lines were long when Caleb Kane, his brother Mason and Mason's two kids; Dakota and Dharma, arrived at the cruise terminal. They were told to have their identification ready and directed to the V.I.P. security line that was completely empty. There they had to walk through a metal detector and have any bags they were carrying needed to go through an x-ray machine.
         "I guess there are some perks to being famous," Mason said while placing his bag on the conveyor belt to be x-rayed. "It's good that we won't have to stand in that long line. It looks like it will take a long time."
         "I'm just glad we didn't have to carry our larger bags with us," replied Dakota.
         They passed through the security room into the check-in area, a big open area with roped off que lines and a counter with a computer at each station. There was an employee at each station verifying the passengers information and taking a photo of each passenger. They also passed out cruise cards here.
          After going through the check in process they moved onto a large waiting area with a bunch of chairs. This area was packed because they hadn't started boarding yet. Dakota walked with his uncle Caleb to the waiting area with Mason and Dharma trailing behind.
          Audriana sat in the waiting area with her best friend, Solomon. They arrived at the cruise port earlier than expected, and had to wait a little over an hour before it was their boardimg time. She made a small gasp, and took a second look around the waiting room. She thought she noticed the lead singer from her favorite rock group "Penny Behind."
         Sol noticed the gasp, and the way she was trying to discreetly look around. "What's going on?" he asked.
          "Nothing, I just thought I saw Caleb Kane, the lead singer for Penny Behind. I'm sure it wasn't him, though. Like there is even a chance that he would end up on the same ship as us."
          "It's probably just wishful thinking," Sol joked. "It would be funny if it was him, though. I mean that has been your favorite group for a long time. It would be cool if you finally got to meet him."
          "That would be awesome, but I doubt he would travel with a bunch of common people without any security. The guy I saw definitely didn't have any security with him, just a teenaged kid."
          "Oh well, it was a nice thought anyway... They are finally calling us to board. Let's grab our stuff and get going."

          "I can't believe I let you talk me into this." Caleb said to his brother, Mason, after leaving the packed cruise waiting area. "I was looking forward to a relaxing vacation, but with this many people I am going to be bombarded with fans."
          "Chill out, Cale, you know you like the attention and I doubt many people are going to recognize you. In fact by the end of the week, you'll probably be complaing because of the lack of attention you receive."
         "I don't mind the attention, but I would like to have some time to myself. Maybe a week without signing autographs or posing for pictures."
          "That's the price you pay for fame, you are the one who wanted to be a big rock star. Now you have to deal with the consequences. Most of our fans are cool, anyway. I'm sure it won't be a problem."
         "Let's get our picture taken here, I like the picture of the ship on the backdrop."
         "That's a good idea Dharma, it will be a good souvenir. Since I already ordered a photo package we can choose this as one of the photos," replied Mason.
          They got their picture taken, and then continued on the gangway to board the ship. Before they could enter the ship, they gave the crew member working thete their cruise card. The card was swiped, showing a picture of the owner of the card and registering that guest had entered the ship.




© Copyright 2018 Alisha (alisha76 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174143-Unknown