*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174438-Excitement
Rated: E · Assignment · Emotional · #2174438
Course 102- Showing Emotions
"Seriously?! They want to make me an offer??" Jackie couldn't believe what she was hearing through the phone. Her husband Cam could hear Jackie's agent partially shouting and partially laughing as she repeated the message given to her from the production company.

Jackie realized she had begun to pace the room frantically at some point during the conversation, although she couldn't tell when it started. She spun to face her husband sitting on the edge of the sofa. His face flush with anticipation and he looked as if he might spring from the sofa any second. She maintained his gaze as she finished up the conversation.

"OK! Well, great! I'll meet you at your office at ten and we'll uber over together... I can't believe this!! I'll talk to you in the morning!"

Jackie squealed and threw the phone into the overstuffed armchair beside the window. She jumped up and down, then paced the room again with her fists triumphantly thrust to the ceiling. "WEEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FREYYYEND!!!!" she sang at the top of her voice.

"Well?!? You're killin' me, what did she say??" Cam pleaded with her anxiously.

"They want to talk to me about a sit-com deal, Cam!! MY OWN SHOW!" She mopped her brow with an open palm. "I can't believe this is happening!!"

Cam sprung from the sofa and leapt over the coffee table. He grabbed Jackie around the waist and hoisted her into the air, spinning her around the room. "YOU! ARE! AWESOME!!" he bellowed before he set her down and hugged her so tight that between the laughing and the squeezing she had to tell him she couldn't breathe. He released her and they collapsed on the sofa in a heap, laughing and crying.






© Copyright 2018 trailerpark bodhisattva (lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174438-Excitement