*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174862-A-Little-About-Me
Rated: E · Other · Biographical · #2174862
This is just a quick summary of me and my life!
Hi! I'm Katherine M. I am a sophomore in high school. I really love reading and writing. One of my favorite books is the Harry Potter series. I've read the entire thing three times, and I'm like totally obsessed. I'm a Ravenclaw, and my patronus is a deer hound. Another series that I really like is the Wolves of Mercy Falls series. I actually read them in the wrong order because my school library only had the second one and I didn't realize that it wasn't the first one. My favorite is probably Linger, though I also really enjoyed Shiver.

My favorite genres are fantasy, sci-fi, realistic fiction, and poetry. I try to read as often as I can, although with high school it's been more difficult to fit it into my schedule since I'm so busy with school as I'm taking two AP classes and three honors classes, two of which are for the grade above mine.

When it comes to writing, I really enjoy it. I like to think that I am at least a decent writer. One issue I have is I get a few chapters in and then just get stuck. I can't think of anything to write. I get total writers block. That is one of the reasons that I enjoy poetry. It doesn't have to be long and filled with action the whole time to keep people's interest. All you need is thought and introspection. I recently won a poetry competition and will be getting published. I am super excited!

I plan on going to college and getting a bachelor's degree in English, and then possibly following it up with a MFA of PhD in Creative Writing. School is very important to me, and I want to be successful in life.

As a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I try to avoid profanity and anything else inappropriate in my reading and writing. I don't want to be reading something immoral. As a visual reader, I see what I read in my head, and I don't want the image of anything inappropriate in my mind. I hope that this site will provide a place where I can find appropriate, clean writing.

I look forward to posting my work on this site and to reading the work of others!
© Copyright 2018 Katherine M (katherine.e.m at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2174862-A-Little-About-Me