*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2175210-Fist-Fighting-Fire
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2175210
Remembering the past
"Say something I'm giving up on you". The song played over and over, it has been for a couple of months now. I leaned into the doorway while I watched her sleep. She was happy, I could see it even while she slept. I felt my breathing change. A little deeper than before, warmness rising into my throat from inside. I loved her. The feelings were real. I was at peace with myself, oddly, knowing I was going to leave her. My decision still stung a little inside, but I knew it was the right one, for me anyways. Thinking about the past, of how and when we met. We have so many wonderful memories, beautiful memories.
We met through mutual friends. A group of us decided to celebrate Halloween and get together for dinner before going out that night. Mr. popularity she called me when we finally were introduced to each other. Megan had an incredible smile. Not the kind that brightened a room, but a warm inviting one. I convinced myself it was meant for me. Her smile caught my attention, and the more I talked to her, what was inside of her drew me in more and more.






Under Construction
© Copyright 2018 Chef Juan (chefjuan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2175210-Fist-Fighting-Fire