*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2175239-The-past-ahead
Rated: E · Prose · Emotional · #2175239
A look back at love lost
I scrolled backward today. Through the timeline of your wall. Past her, past them, past a million pictures and words I couldn't look at, couldn't read. Couldn't bare to cry and find closure in. You moved on and I married and still I couldn't look but for a moment here and there, maybe once a year in the fall. You've always been in the first chill of autumn. It will always be our time. The time I returned to today. The clock went back not just to a time but to a place. A world where I was known. Where I shared secrets so deep I wouldnt tell God if I could help it. A time when I believed someone laid bare for me all there was to know before slipping away into a shaddow and leaving me standing exposed in the light.
It's a strange day wrought with strange and unexpected feelings. All passed and all is forgiven but never forgotten.
© Copyright 2018 GraceEleven (graceeleven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2175239-The-past-ahead