*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2176188-I-Hate-Her
by Paul
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2176188
A 13 year old Learn’s about consideration of others.
“I hate her, I hate her!”

“Who?”

“Lisa, she’s always knocking what I wear, she accuses me of just showing off with my ‘ohh, you’re so Perfect’ clothes.”

“Who is Lisa, sweetheart? What does she dress like?”

“She lives on Barnes street with her mom and eight year old sister and dresses like a slob!”

You don’t really mean that. Hating always hurts you more than the other person. Maybe you should find out why she feels that way. Barnes is a very low income area.”

“Okay, I don’t like her a lot then. Is that better?”

“No sweetie, it’s not. Find out why she feels that way and we’ll talk more.”

“Whatever.”
~
“Hi ... umm, dad? ... can I invite someone to Christmas dinner?”

“We’ll have to ask your mom, but I don’t see why not. Who?”

“ ... well, Lisa and her mom and little sister.”

“Lisa? But I thought you hated her.”

“No, I was wrong. After our talk she started again just before recess ended and I asked her why she always did that and she started crying. Then she told me they have no money and go to St. Michaels for clothes and food and I was crying with her. Now I hate myself for saying I hated her.”

“Sweetie, you’re a wonderful thirteen year old young woman and we all go through learning. I’m very impressed with the fact you understood what I said and asked her. Mom will agree. I’d like to meet them.”

“Thanks, dad. Can we get them something nice for Christmas too?”

“Of course. We’ll go tomorrow, what should we get?”

“Some clothes and toys.”

“You’re an amazing young woman, Carley. I love you.”

“Yeah, well. And Lisa’s really smart too and will help me with math and ...”
© Copyright 2018 Paul (lasardaddy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2176188-I-Hate-Her