*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2176772-Chinchilling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Maerus
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Animal · #2176772
A comedic collaboration between animals and a young girl at a restaurant.
When we entered the restaurant, the waiter told us: "Sorry. We only serve those who come in here in groups of nine."
I gasped and turned to my pet chinchilla. "Egads! I'm so sorry dear, I thought that we would celebrate your birthday here, but it turns out we have to go to that local diner instead", I exclaimed.

My chinchilla took my hand gently and whispered into my ear. "Don't worry love, just being around you is reward enough." His whispers comforted me and he was gently caressing my palm.

I sighed, the simple touch of my furry companion filled me with euphoria beyond description. Mixed with disappointment for my own negligence and the comfort of my pet inspired me to take action.

I grabbed my chinchilla, both claws in hand, and pressed my forehead against his. "No need to let this opportunity go to waste dear, let us call in the herd!" My voice was stern and shook my pet to his core. His eyes began filling up with such fire that I couldn't even think of looking away. As we gazed into the eyes of the other the fire in his stare penetrated the darkest depths of my soul, the intensity continued to mount.
It began with the tightening of my hands, the sweating of my palms. The pace of our hearts quickened and my breath became faster. He started with the chittering of his teeth; he inched closer and closer as our hearts began to beat in unison. Oh! My entire body was raptured by the heat of the moment and I let out a loud cry.

In that moment I took hold of his shoulders and his firmly grasped my waist, and there was silence. Our souls had firmly connected and it was as if we were at the heart of the storm. Our intimacy was unmatched anywhere in existence. He leaned in close and brushed my cheek. Once sound found its voice and time began to move again the tides of fate took their place in the restaurant.

The herd had arrived without any knowledge of how to use a door and we found every window in the establishment to have shattered. The room became filled with chinchillas, kin of my dear pet. "Is it suppertime, dear brother?" One of the more confident chinchillas smiled as he moved towards us with bravado. The others followed suit and before long my dear and I were surrounded by the curious herd. After all, this is the first time they've ever seen a human. One of the other chinchillas piped up: "I would be honoured to dine in the company of one so lovely!" Their gaze bathed me in comfort. I turned sharply to face the waiter and he smiled at my triumph. "Please, come in good sirs and ma'am! Come and taste the fruits of our glorious establishment!" He smiled with a sinister look in his eye, but I payed it no heed.

I sprang forward as the waiter pulled a seat for me, I sat at his posturing. The chinchillas were slightly more apprehensive taking their seats around that table. I noticed the sudden caution in the eyes of my lovely companion and it suddenly filled me with fear. My brave pet, fearful at nothing, was suddenly quiet and pensive. What was it that filled my dear with such dread?

Just then I caught the gaze of the waiter, his figure became more carnivorous with every passing second. "My, my, my, you must all be getting so hungry." His teeth grew out of his mouth, drool soaking the floor as he inched forward with crazed eyes. He loosened his tie as hair grew all over his body. "I would love to join you. That's alright, is it not?" The starved waiter placed his clawed hand on the shoulder of the confident chinchilla and dug into his flesh.

I stood with great anger and passion. I demanded the wolfish waiter to stop, I wanted him to leave. He stared at me for a minute before climbing onto the table. His face was so close to mine I thought that I would suffocate from the heat of his breath. "Try not to fall through the floor dear, it's a long way down." He grabbed the cloth from off the table and threw it over my head. No sooner had he done it that I felt gravity take hold of my body and I began to fall. I fell and I fell, how far must I go? I wondered why I was with that chinchilla, I wondered why I was in the restaurant in the first place. Nothing made sense, but everything became clear.

It was then that I hit the soft bottom of the darkness and I fought with my sheets to find an escape into the light. Eventually the heat of the sun found me, and I found myself in the comfortable embrace of my bed. My heart raced and I was covered in sweat, never before had I experienced such a nightmare before. Once I steadied my breath resolve began to fill my heart. It was there in the solidarity of my room that I decided to get a cat instead.

The End.
© Copyright 2018 Maerus (maerus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2176772-Chinchilling