*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177219-Love-Money-or-Companionship-
Rated: E · Essay · Educational · #2177219
A Brief Observation About Marriage
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis once said (and I Quote):

The first time you marry for love, the second for money, and the third for companionship.

Young love is more about 'romance than finance,' but those dynamics can change with subsequent marriages; specifically, those in which financial security may be as important (or more so) than love after divorce or death of a spouse left the survivor with a severe financial insecurity. Older people made single by death or divorce who do attain financial security may long for companionship, shared interests, emotional and physical support, etc ...

So, what does it all mean? Money is important in marriage as much as love, although marrying for love is the only GOOD reason to marry (noting I have seen people do and say horrific things to each other in the 'name' of love). When push comes to shove (and it will, believe me) it's the love (hopefully) that will get you through it, not the cash.

And weddings can cost a LOT, not to mention "Hotel Costa de Plente" where you'll relax, have fun, celebrate as a couple, reflect on your relationship and your future, etc., during your honeymoon. The reality of being married will become abundantly clear as soon as that first bill arrives (amongst other things).

No matter where you find yourself on the marriage wheel, those planning to marry (and especially younger people) would benefit far more by spending less time planning the wedding, and more time planning the marriage.

Sage advice for ALL couples planning to tie the knot.


Click on the link below to view Jill & Kevin's "different" Wedding

https://youtu.be/4-94JhLEiN0


Click on the link below to view Jill & Kevin's "different" Divorce

https://youtu.be/zbr2ao86ww0


P.S. Happy to say it's my understanding Jill & Kevin are actually still married *Smile*
© Copyright 2018 jonblair (jonjacques at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177219-Love-Money-or-Companionship-