*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177228-Band-Geek-to-Queen-Bee
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Other · #2177228
Waking up as the coolest girl in school sounds good, unless you used to be a geeky boy
Part 1:
It was a day like any other, or so you thought. You had planned on getting some oboe practice in before doing some gaming, but the universe apparently had other plans. The sun started streaming through the blinds in your room and you heard your mother calling for you to wake up from downstairs. As you shook off your sleepiness, you noticed something strange in your mouth... hair?

You slowly opened your eyes as you spit the hair out, to find that it was also covering your eyes. You grabbed at your face with your hands and started brushing it away, but something was off with those too... You sat up from bed and started looking around the room.

It wasn't your room... except it was. The furniture was different, but the shape and size were the same. The door and window were in the same place as always, you had the same blinds that had been there since your parents had moved into the place. But instead of a pale blue, the walls were a pale lavender. And your possessions were nowhere to be seen. Your dresser had been replaced by a vanity, your movie posters were gone, replaced by posters featuring pop stars.

"What the hell is going on?" you asked out loud, then gasped, surprised at your own voice because it wasn't your own. It was higher.

You walked up to the vanity and gazed into the mirror, seeing a very surprised girl in a pair of striped pajama bottoms and a matching shirt, gazing back. You inspected your body, modestly-sized breasts, slender arms and legs, dainty hands and feet with perfectly manicured/pedicured nails. Long dirty blonde hair, a face that was undeniably feminine, with long lashes and a smaller nose, but still undeniably your own. You hadn't just been turned into some random girl, you were you... if you had been born a girl.

"Melly! Get a move on, or you're gonna be late!" your mother shouted from the doorway.

Melly, you had always hated being called that, ironically because it sounded girly, but you let your mom get away with it. But you doubted that your name was still Melvin. Probably Melanie or Melody, maybe Melinda, you'd have to figure that out before you went anywhere.

"Coming, mom!" you replied.

But as much as you wanted to move, you were frozen with fear. Paralyzed by what you saw in the mirror. A phone buzzed and you walked over to the nightstand. Apart from the pink case, it looked identical to your phone. You placed your finger on the button and the screen activated. You read the message.

"Lissa, we still on for tonight?" it asked, a text from a girl named Tara.

"Still on for what?" you asked. You weren't sure what it was, but you clearly had plans tonight.

"Sure." you quickly replied before tossing the phone onto you bed.

"Melissa Paige Miller!" your mother shouted. "You said you needed the shower first thing in the morning, so I'm waiting to take mine, but if you don't get in in the next five minutes, I'm just going to take mine!"

"Sorry, mom." you said and pulled open the drawers.

You might be different, but your mom sure wasn't. You grabbed a bunch of clothes out of the drawers, panties, a bra, socks, a shirt and a pair of pants, before running into the bathroom. Luckily, that hadn't changed and your towel was still in the hall closet where it usually was. You turned on the water and stripped out of your pajamas. You stepped into the shower and started using the soap that was there. Apart from the long hair and the obvious differences, it was a pretty normal shower.

When you got out of the shower, you pulled your clothes on and put your hair into a quick ponytail before going back to your room to find a pair of shoes. After some searching, you found a pair of white tennis shoes and slipped them on. You grabbed "your" phone, tossing it into a purse that was hanging by the foot of the bed, and quickly started heading out. You had to find someone who you could confide in... Jerry! He's your best friend, he'd probably be a good place to start. No sense in worrying Melissa's friends. You strolled downstairs and saw your mother setting up the table for breakfast.

"Ready for breakfast, honey?" she asked.

"Actually, I'm just gonna run out, I forgot I have an errand to run." you replied. "Can I borrow the car?"

"What's wrong with your car?"

"What car?"

"Your car? The one we bought you for your eighteenth birthday? The one you haven't stopped gushing about for the last six months?"

You rushed to the window and in the driveway was a light blue used car. Nothing amazing, but a car that you definitely didn't have last night. You had gotten a new computer rig for your eighteenth birthday. You were a bit of a shut-in so there was no reason for you to get a car, you didn't go anywhere. But now...

"I'll be back later, mom!" you shouted as you rushed to the door before she could question you further.

You dug in the purse for the keys and unlocked the car with the fob. You hopped into the driver's side and put the key into the ignition. You might be curious as to why all this was happening, but there were some advantages, you noticed. You quickly drove the car over to Jerry's house and parked the car.

You got out of the car and walked up to the door, ringing the doorbell and waiting. After a minute, Jerry's mother opened the door.

"...Yes?" she asked.

"Uh, hi, Mrs. Richards... Is Jerry home?" you replied. Evidently, she had never met you before. Ironic, considering that yesterday she had joked that you were around so much that you were like an adopted son.

She turned away from the door towards the staircase.

"Jerry, there's a girl at the door to see you!" his mother shouted.

"A girl?" he replied, walking towards the door.

He turned and his gaze shifted to confusion when he saw your face. He doesn't recognize you.

"Lissa Miller?" Jerry asked. "I almost didn't recognize you without makeup on!"

"Are we friends?" you asked.

"Not really. Maybe we spoke once or twice if you needed a pencil or something, but popular girls like you don't normally talk to geeks like me. Let alone be friends."

You noticed that he was having trouble keeping eye contact. His eyes kept drifting. Guess this was sort of weird for him...

"Can I come in? I really need to talk to you about something private."

"All right. We can talk in my room, I guess."

His eyes drifted again and you realized that he wasn't nervous, he was staring at your chest! What a creep! You were gonna have to have a talk with him about that later.

As you sat on Jerry's bed, he sat opposite in a desk chair, as you tried to find the right words.

"Listen, what if I told you my name used to be Melvin?"

"I'd say that's a really weird name for a girl." he said, flatly.

"Okay, so I woke up this morning and I was a girl, but yesterday and every day before that, I was Melvin, a boy. And I was your best friend."

"My best friend is Bradley Thompson." Jerry interjected.

"Bradley Thompson? Who's he?" you muttered.

"If you're done trying to prank me or whatever, I've got a raid to get back to. Did one of the football players put you up to this?" Jerry got up and started heading to the door.

"I know something only your best friend would know!" you exclaimed.

"And what would that be?" Jerry questioned.

"Back in the third grade, you had a crush on Stacy Danner, and you tried to impress her with a frog and it..." you started.

"Stop! How do you know that? I've only ever told Bradley about that! If he blabbed..."

"He didn't blab. I know this because I used to be your best friend. How else would I know that? Or how else would I know that you're about to raid with a level 86 blood-elf paladin named Safir Sunward?"

"That's a really good point. No way that you play this game... and even if you did, how would you know my character?"

"So you believe me?"

"I believe that something is going on and you believe what you're saying. But I don't believe that you used to be some geek named Melvin."

Suddenly your phone buzzed, and you quickly checked it. It was Tara, reminding you to be ready at 5pm. It was about 4:30pm.

"I have to go, but we'll talk later. Here's my number." you quickly jotted it down on a notepad that Jerry kept near his computer. "I'll text you later."

You got up and rushed out of the room, heading for the door.

"But you don't even have my number!" he shouted after you.

Once you returned home, you had to figure out who Tara was, and what your plans were. You didn't even know if you wanted to be a part of them anymore!

Thankfully, social media helped you figure out who Tara was. Once you saw the picture, it clicked.

"Tara Everston! She's another one of the popular girls. She's never said two words to me apart from 'Get out of the way, freak!' in the halls..." you remarked. "Now, what are we doing?"

You pulled up the calendar app and looked for the current day.

"Let's see, it's a weekend... and 5pm today is...Double Date with Tara's cousin," you read. "Double Date with WHO!?!?!?"

It was now 4:45pm and you had to be ready for a date with a boy? This was gonna be a long night...
© Copyright 2018 Vanilla Thunder (vanillathunder at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177228-Band-Geek-to-Queen-Bee