*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177452-In-My-Dreams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Relationship · #2177452
Poem about her
The gated doors to my dreams were found unlocked again this morning and inside I found you waiting for me. There you stood arrayed in the finest clothes with this brillance that would outshine the sun. Your eyes looked into me and i felt so vulnerable and bare but you could see it all.. The love that I have for you. The connection undeniable that we have always shared. How every beating fiber of my being calls out to you.

I stuck my hand out and took yours into mine. With the wave of my other hand the dreamscape changed from gated doors to a sandy beach at dusk. The waves lapping our feet as our toes sink into the wet sand. A warm breeze rustles your hair and i found myself lost in the moment of just me and you..

The scene changes and there we sit at a table for two. Wine is served up and i find myself laughing at the jokes you tell over dinner. Our song comes on and once again i take you by the hand and lead you to the dance floor. I pull you close hoping this moment lasts forever..

In the distance i hear an alarm blaring and the room begins to shake. You start to fade as i struggle to maintain this dream. The room goes black and my eyes are opened to a new day. To my side i look in anticipation hoping but knowing you arent there. Alone I lay in my bed wishing to be back where I know you will always be waiting for me.. Just inside the gated doors to my dreams..
© Copyright 2018 Grizzlybear1285 (grizzlybear85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177452-In-My-Dreams