*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177453-My-Oasis
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2177453
Poetry about her
Ive been trapped in this desert for too long. By day the heat bares down on my skin and by night I lay frozen praying for it to be day again. This place is barren with little to no life to be seen. The winds rage the sand into a storm that would peel the very flesh from my bones if caught in it with no protection. Still I push forward. Still I persevere. The odds are against me and yet I endure. Tired, beaten, and thirsty still I continue on..

Searching for the oasis that would satisfy my body, my mind, and my soul. Searching for you. I remember how your kiss would electrify the very essence of my being and stir me from slumber. How your touch would sends waves that would wash over me and carry away all my worries. Looking into your eyes Ive always found strength I didnt know I had.

Moments with you that now seem like nothing more then memories fading into the black hole of years gone by. The desert seeks to claim me for its own but I cant surrender to the barren wastelands when my heart still holds you, my oasis, so close. I cant surrender when Ive come this far so once again I endure another day in the sun pushing ever forward to my oasis that I call home.. To a home I find only in you!
© Copyright 2018 Grizzlybear1285 (grizzlybear85 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2177453-My-Oasis