*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178291-The-astral-collection
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #2178291
flash fiction about a little girl that astral travels and brings back something
Diane walked down the hall to check up on her sleeping daughter, Amy. The eight-year-old looked sound asleep. Something clutched between Amy's hands caught her attention. It was a glassy, thick ashtray.

"An ashtray? We don't smoke," Diane thought as she approached her daughter's bed. She gently removed it from Amy's grasped.

"Don't tell me she astral projected again! Amy, where did this come from?"

"Tennessee,"

"Oh lord, where in Tennessee sweet heart?"

"Train…mmm…can I go swimming with Suzie, mommy?"

"No Amy. Go back to sleep and don't travel again, alright?"

"Okay mommy." Amy turned her body over and went into a deep sleep. Diane sighed and returned to the hall. She examined the ashtray closely. It was old and dark green. She sat at her kitchen table, took a pen, a piece of paper and wrote the words: "Tennessee train". She stuck the paper inside the object and placed it in the book shelf where other strange objects laid to rest.

"Here's another one for the collection. I don't suppose I'll find an address to return this one either eh?" Diane smiled. She took a quick glance over the other objects. Some came from Africa, others from France and Italy. There were objects from all around the world where Amy went during sleep. Diane took a deep breath and went back to bed.

"Not like I can do much about it," She murmured as she dozed off to sleep.

February 11th 2007
Ana Star
240 words
© Copyright 2018 AnaStar (ana_star at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178291-The-astral-collection