*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178727-New-Year-Resolutions-Made-is-a-Myth
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Experience · #2178727
99.9% break them and half of the other .1% eventually will. Leaving .05% who do keep them.
I've been talking with and listening to all kinds of people making their New Year resolutions, promises and the like. As I've been listening to them since the 1960's, I truly wish people would stop blinding themselves to the unrealistic reality in making them. Maybe .1% may keep them [temporarily] and half of the .1% will stick to their resolutions but the other 99.9% never will.

I've stopped making myself promises and resolutions over 40 years ago but 99.9% of people that do/did, including myself, who had at one point in our lives, have always broken them. It makes the majority that are trying, feel even worse than they do because they feel it's been a huge letdown or failure.

STOP FOOLING YOURSELVES IN DOING SO!!!

As I've always done with every New Year approaching, which will eventually arrive. I will do as I've always done though out my life; Take one moment at a time and relish in all its glory.

Screw New Year resolutions and promises. They're nothing but a myth to those who keep believing in them. Live each moment one at a time, to its fullest extent and those resolutions and promises will never be needed.

FOR THEY WILL FULFILL THEMSELVES!!

Words=205

© Copyright 2019 TheBusmanPoet (bus45man80 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178727-New-Year-Resolutions-Made-is-a-Myth