*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178825-The-Cost-of-Being-Famous
by OOT™
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2178825
Rachel and Katie are going to be famous...
Rachel ran outside to meet her friend, still excited from their telephone conversation a few minutes before. Auditions for a famous television show were being held at the local mall, and Katie had talked her into going.

"Whose car..."

"Never mind that. Get in! We don't have all day!" Katie was pulling into traffic before Rachel had the car door shut.

"Where did you..."

"Can you believe it?!" Katie interrupted. "We're going to be famous! I just know the judges are going to pick us."

"I'm so nervous!" Rachel confided when Katie paused for breath. "I don't know how you're even able to drive. Is the car..."

"I'm not nervous at all," Katie cut in, "because I know we're going to be chosen. Then, we'll be famous and won't have to worry about..."

Rachel closed her eyes and tried to relax, knowing it was hopeless to get a word in edgewise when Katie was that excited. She must have dozed off, because when she opened her eyes, a police officer was assisting Katie out of the car.

"W..what's going on?" Rachel stuttered, the fear obvious in her voice.

"This car was reported stolen. Now, I need you ladies to come with me so we can get this sorted," the officer repied as he opened Rachel's door and took her arm to escort her from the car.

After a night in jail, an arraignment, a bond and a long shower, Rachel was still in shock when she opened the newspaper the following day to see her mugshot beside Katie's.

"I guess we're finally famous," she mumbled angrily as she began planning her revenge.

© Copyright 2019 OOT™ (outoftouch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178825-The-Cost-of-Being-Famous