*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178905-Timeless-Future
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Research · #2178905
Does time exist or it's just an illusion stuck into our brain?!
The future
What is the future?
Well, by definition it’s the time regarded as still to come; a period of time following the moment of speaking or writing. Read it again. What is the key word there?
Time…
Does time exist or it’s just a Mandela effect that’s been crafted into our mind as nothing more but a limit?!
Before I get into numerous conspiracy theories how about we explain some concepts of time as an entity.
In school, we are taught to assume that time is an absolute physical quantity that plays the role of the independent variable but we never really measure t (time). In other words what we actually do is determine the motion of an object and the tick of a clock, and we compare the object’s motion to the tick of a clock to measure the object’s frequency, speed, etc. By itself, t has only a mathematical value, and no primary physical existence.

Einstein said, ‘Time has no independent existence apart from the order of events by which we measure it,”.
So what evidence do we have of time except for the one we have decided collectively?

We decided that we are controlled by the arrow of time, and thanks to that forward-facing arrow of time, young becomes old, and the past becomes the present, which was once the future.

Time has confined us, wrapped inside our brain and the longer the tick tocks go, the worse we feel because we are running out minutes, days and years to spend.
Yet, we still continue to try to measure time.
Before you jump to my throat saying that measuring something proves its existence then let me explain to you that measuring "time" doesn't prove its physical existence. We use clocks that are rhythmic things. We use the rhythms of some events (like the ticking of clocks) to time other events (like the rotation of the earth).
This isn't time, but rather, a comparison of events.





© Copyright 2019 Kei-chan (midnightsorrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2178905-Timeless-Future