*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179074-Kits-Morning
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2179074
Flash Fiction
Kit’s Morning

Kit was bored. Alone, tired of her toys, tired of waiting for Mum to come back from the garden, she went upstairs to find something to do.

At the top, right near the wall, was a ball of Jeremy’s. Without a thought, she pushed it. It rolled over to the top of the stairs and then off, bouncing down the whole staircase! Cool!

She went looking for more stuff. Jeremy’s room was closest so she went in. First some toy trucks. Fun, but they landed on various stairs half way down. She tried some books. Not fun, they just clunked and stopped. But one thin, slick book actually flew off like a bird and soared out over many steps. Even after landing, it rolled down a few more before it stopped. She went back to find more.

Before she found any though, she spied a box of marbles. Pushing it out to the edge, she pushed it off with a little tap. Hitting the next step, the box tipped and every marble flew out careening down the stairs in a flurry of noise, loud enough to scare her. She zoomed down the hall, jumping onto her own bed. The noise finally stopped, but she was shaking and decided not to go back.

When Mom came in, she surveyed the mess and called Jeremy. “It’s your stuff, I told you to keep your door shut. Clean it all up.”

Jeremy was not happy. After getting his things back in his room, and shutting the door, he went to find Kit and give her a piece of his mind! But Kit was sound asleep in her bed, in the soft sunshine coming through the upstairs hall window.

So he gave her a kiss instead. After all, she was his cat.
© Copyright 2019 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179074-Kits-Morning