*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179085-Dear-Me-2019
Rated: E · Essay · Contest Entry · #2179085
An entry for WDC's Dear Me 2019 contest
Dear Me,

It's been a few years, hasn't it? I believe it's been about a decade since we've talked this way. You've come so far! I'm so proud of you! Look at all you achieved these last ten years. You're a tremendous mom of two special needs kids, even if you don't quite believe it yourself. You are a gifted, passionate realtor and an exceptional paralegal. You've found recognition and success for your writing. You have leveraged all your talents in ways few people can achieve. You've done things people said weren't possible. You're being authentically, gloriously you. And I have no doubt 2019 will be no different.

In spring 2019 your nonfiction series Understanding Libby: A Mother’s Journey with Childhood Paranoid Schizophrenia will be published. They will be the most comprehensive resource on severe mental illness for parents you can create. Writing four books is no easy task. You're already putting your vast knowledge and writing resources into the project. It goes without saying this is a work that can change the world. Maybe not right away, but one day. Be patient with it and stay the course.

You will have days where you feel defeated, overwhelmed, stressed, and frustrated. Detractors will find your work. Ignore them. Stand strong. Accept it as part of a worthwhile process and never lose track of your goals. Remember, this is bigger than you. It’s bigger than anything you've ever done. You're bleeding on the page as the saying goes and it will reach people. Trust me.

Submit your fiction to contests, one each month. It's about time you started acquiring some new recognition for your work. Winning some contests will only help you and your resume in the long term. Some people won't like your writing. Your writing isn’t for everyone. Celebrate each win as it happens. Remember, it takes perseverance to win.

This year you will move into an RV full time and stop renting for the first time in 21 years. I, more than anyone, realize how hard that commitment is, especially when you're a family of four, but it's best for the whole family. It will be such an exciting adventure! It's also the only way to start the path toward your custom forever home. It's smart of you to listen to your husband and accept his wisdom. The hard part now is paying for it. You've got less than six months. You're spinning in circles right now trying to find solutions. Calm down, breathe, and focus your energies on a path. Start with your taxes, social security, and temp jobs. Don't let the fear paralyze you. Be open to every opportunity that comes your way. You only need $20,000 for a down payment. You can easily do that with real estate.

Get your books out there again. Start scheduling a book tour. Focus on doing this yourself instead of having someone do it for you. Festivals and book fairs are great exposure and you’ve been successful with it before, so make sure you do at least one event per month. If you do more, great. Set up some public speaking events too. With the RV, you can go almost anywhere. It will be hard for you but force yourself outside your comfort zone and pace yourself.

Most importantly, focus on accepting yourself. You'll be 40 in December but you're just getting started! You’re glorious, just as you are. Quit trying to be what you're not! Accept you’re amazing. Embrace everything you are! Focus on your strengths, they more than offset your weaknesses. Stop fighting against who you are. No one is perfect. Once you accept and get out of your own way, you'll be unstoppable in achieving your goals. To make sure of that, I created a handy checklist for you.
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2179319 by Not Available.


Now go make 2019 rock!

Love,

Me

Word count: 640

This color equals an identified goal for the ease of other readers.
© Copyright 2019 Charity Marie - <3 (cmstarrett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179085-Dear-Me-2019