*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179167-The-Shopping-Bill
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #2179167
Woman goes shopping. Who pays the bill?
“High Fashion Mart” was running its New Year Sale this week. The shop looked its shiniest, sparkly-est, most colorful self. The shop doors open as Mia walks in. She wore a pompadour, huge black sunnies covering most of her face, and mauve matte lipstick. She wore a knee-length, off shoulder black dress over black stilleto heels, which clicked loudly announcing her arrival.

She glances around the shop and walks towards the Satin Dress Section. She runs her hand over the dresses, as if choosing a tarot card, then stops at the purple dress. She feels the fabric intuitively with the back of her hand. There is a silent moment of decisive stillness. She makes up her mind, gingerly drapes the purple dress across her forearm, turns around and walks towards the cashier.

The stilleto heels click impatiently against the floor, as other customers shuffle to make way for her. Rocco, the cashier gently picks up the purple dress Mia was cradling in her arm. Their eyes meet and he smiles at her. The red lips hint at a smile. He scans the dress tag, punches some keys on his computer and prints out the bill.

He takes the bill, looks closely at the figures and is about to extend his hand towards her. But he stops midway and nods at her. She nods back, smiles and says, “You’ll pay for this!”.

“Yeah”, he smiles, reaching for his backpocket to take out his wallet.

The shop assistants stares bewildered at Rocco and Mia. With a shake of his hand, Rocco explains, “She’s my wife”.
© Copyright 2019 xyz_and_abc (xyz_and_abc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179167-The-Shopping-Bill