*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179285-Phantom-Falls
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2179285
The adventures of four best friends Jessie, Tammy, John and Louie.
The adventures started with four friends and one old broken down Honda Jazz. Each friend knew each other from high school but a few trips down the coastline turned into a monthly catch up of trips down to waterfalls and forests. The four were quite unique. There was Jessie who was the only one with her licence so she was the designated driver. Tammy who was the oldest of the bunch. John who was Tammy's boyfriend and Louie who bought along his camera to take aesthetic pictures of whatever he could see.

As the adventures started to happen more frequently the four became closer and they felt as if they could talk about anything to each other. Their favourite place was Erskine falls which was only an hour away. The waterfall took their breath away every time they visited and suddenly through their eyes the world was full of wonder and adventure. The trips became an escape away from their daily lives and bought them to see the world around them in a different way. Whatever they were going through at home, work or uni was all forgotten about when they ventured out into the forrest.

It was on one particular Friday the four ventured out as they usually did. Jessie got the car started and whilst traveling along the windy, bendy roads the four looked out the window to see the coast filled with beaches. John and Louie winded down the windows to catch the chilly breeze of the wind in their faces. Laughter erupted when they turned around to look at how wild John's hair was from the wind. Louie was already on to taking a photo of it and Jessie thought to herself that in that moment they were infinite.

Tammy was in the front seat so she was in charge of the music and using Jessie's phone she put on a familiar artist all four knew well. Before they knew it all of them were singing at the top of their lungs and could feel the wind in their hair and the taste of the ocean in their mouths. The Honda Jazz had gotten them to Phantom Falls, which was a new undiscovered waterfall the four had never explored. It took them a while to walk down and find it but when they did they discovered that it was beautiful. So much green and the trees were as old as old could be. The water was perfect for swimming so the four put on their bathing suits and jumped in. The water was freezing but they didn't mind. Louie bought out his camera and was snapping photos of them all in the water. Jessie splashed him while he was taking a picture and got his camera wet. Minded by the splash Louie put his camera down and ran in to splash her back. Tammy jumped on John's shoulders and demanded they all have a competition to see who could fall off first. Each couple laughed their way through the splash fights, but Jessie and Louie were the winners.

The four stayed at Phantom falls until it got dark and the stars came out. They had explored through the woods as best they could and had found a rather peculiar tree with a hole in the bottom of it. Jessie jumped in the hole and Tammy followed, it made a great photo. Alas it was time for the four friends to find the car and head home back to reality. They had a wonderful day full of laughter and the photo's they took were now memories to hang on the wall or post online. It was in that moment driving home did the four really appreciate each other and somehow were already planning their next adventure.
© Copyright 2019 J.Pickett (jassmin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179285-Phantom-Falls