*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179369-Dear-Me-2019
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Letter/Memo · Contest Entry · #2179369
I have tried something different for this year contest. I hope it’s still okay to enter.

Dear Me.


     I really don’t want to write this letter to myself. I think that it’s stupid to do it. But I have no choice. It’s part of my next assignment for class. What am I going to write to myself? My teacher hasn’t been specific on that. All she wants is for me to write a letter to myself about my future. What does she want me to write? What am I going to be when I grow up in ten years?

     That’s an easy question for me to answer. I’m going to be a writer. I may not ever get anything published or liked. But that’s not going to stop me from writing. I also know that I am going to be specializing in scriptwriting. But I’m also going to be doing some short stories and novels. I may even dabble in a few poems too. Who knows?

     I am also going to specialize in Science Fiction. I like Mystery, Action/Adventure, and Drama too. I also like Horror/Scary and Thriller/Suspense. But my heart and mind, especially my mind, belongs to Science Fiction. They say you should write what you know most about. To me, that’s Science Fiction. I have a feeling I’m going to know a lot about pure Science fiction in my future. I have these feelings sometimes, and this is one of those times.

     My teacher, name withheld on purpose, never specified what I should write in this letter to me. So, I have decided to write what I am always thinking about, writing. I’m just not sure what I want to say in this letter. Of course, I want it to be about my writing. But what should I say about it? I think that I need some time to think about this.

     I have thought about this for the last few days, and I think I know how I’m going to write this letter to myself. I am going to tell myself what I’m going to be doing fifty-one years from now. You expect me to say fifty, don’t you? That’s too easy of a year. So, I decided to add one more year to it. That will make it 2019 when I get this letter to myself.

     What will I be doing in 2019 when it comes to my writing? That’s a good question. Except for my specifications, I don’t know what I’m going to be doing. I hope that I will be a big success. That a lot of people like me and my writing. But I doubt that is going to happen. I may have a few that do. But most won’t. I may even have some that hate me.

     I do know one thing I’m going to do in my future. I don’t know when I’m going to do it. But I am going to join a writing group. Maybe several, but I will join at least one of them. I want a group where I can read and review what I have read. Which I will do as often as I can. Weekly reviewing would be great. But monthly is good too. Especially, if that reviewing involves anniversaries, birthdays, special kinds of writing like scripts, etc. Reading and reviewing is very important to me. But it’s not the only thing I’m interested in with a writing group.

     Of course, I’m going to write my own scripts, short stories, and novels. I may even try to write some Poetry too. I’ve got a trillion ideas. All I need to do is write them. That is what I will be doing as much as I can. I’m going to try to write every day. Even if it’s for an hour or two. That’s better than nothing. I know that there will be some days that I will not want to write. But hopefully, there will be only a few days I won’t feel like writing.

     I don’t want to just read and write, though. I also want to become more with the group or groups. I’m not sure how I will accomplish this. A lot depends on what the group or groups have. Maybe they have contests. I like contests. Even though I will ever win any of them, I still like them. To me, it’s the challenge of the writing than what others think about it. Of course, I would like to win some of them. Especially the monthly ones. But I know that I won’t, and that’s okay with me. It’s not going to stop me from joining them.

     Who knows. I may even have a contest of my own. Maybe even more than one. If I do, it will probably be about script writing. There will already be a lot of Short Story and Poetry contests. I would like to try something different. If it doesn’t work out, I don’t have to continue it into 2019. Don’t ask me how I know that is what is going to happen. But I have a feeling it is. I will keep one going for another year. Hoping it will get better. But the others I won’t.

     I wonder if the group or groups have writing Challenges. It doesn’t matter if they are daily, weekly, or monthly. If they exist, I will accept them. At least I probably will for a lot of them. maybe even most of them. I love writing Challenges. If they don’t exist maybe that’s something new, I can start with the group or groups.

     Something else I will check into, and that’s journals. I don’t know if the writing group or groups have them or something like them. But they probably do. If they don’t, I will start them. I have a feeling I won’t have to do that with journals. I have been writing journals ever since I learned how to write. I’m sure I will still be writing one even in my future. I may not be writing one for the group or groups that I have joined. But I will still be writing them.

     I think that I am like most writers. I want to write novels too. I’ve got a million novels within me. I’m sure I will be doing at least two of them in 2019. Whether I’m doing it on my own or with a group or groups, I will be doing it. I feel I will be doing them within a group. But I’m not sure about that.

     I have a feeling I have been doing it for the last few years. That goes for my reading, writing, reviewing, contests, challenges, and journals too. I have been doing all that and then some for years, and that I will do continuing doing them and more in 2019. I’m sure that is going to be my goal for 2019.

     After I’m graded on this letter to myself by my teacher, I will put it somewhere and have it delivered to me in 2019. I’m just not sure how I’m going to do that. I thought about giving it to my parents with instructions to give it to me in 2019. But what if they both die before then.

     My next choices are my two brothers. But I don’t get along too good with them. They are closer to each other because they are only a couple of years apart in age. I don’t think it’s a good idea to ask one of them to do it. Even if they say yes, they may not be able to do it.

     The only other person that I can think of to do it is myself. So, that’s what I decided to do. I will continuously mail the letter to me. As soon as I get it, I will mail it to me again. I know that sounds crazy. But it’s the only thing that I can think of to do right now. Maybe I will think of something else when I get older.

     There is one other possibility that I have just thought of. If I don’t live another fifty-one years, then I won’t get my letter in 2019. I don’t think that is going to happen. But it is possible. Another possibility is that what all I have written in this letter isn’t going to happen either. I don’t think that is going to happen either. I’ve got too much floating around in my head not to be written.

     I have been thinking about this ever since I started this letter. That is how I’m going to end it. I think I have finished this letter. So, it’s time for me to decide how I’m going to end it. I have had several days to think about it, and I have decided to end it with one of the pen names, code names, etc. that they will want to use for that group or groups.

     I don’t know what they will call it. But most, if not all, groups use other names besides their individual ones. I have come up with two of them that I’m sure I will be using in the future. They are SpaceFaction and PureSciFi. I’m just not sure which one I should use for this letter. If nothing else, signing this letter this way will confuse my teacher. I like that a whole lot.


                                                                               Dear Me, 2019


                                                                               PureSciFi


Word Count = 1,562

© Copyright 2019 PureSciFiPlus (purescifi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179369-Dear-Me-2019