*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180483-Camp-Camp-Max-X-oc-reader
by Savvy
Rated: E · Short Story · Children's · #2180483
Please don’t repost, Just read, Thank you ^^
Love,

Everyone has different opinions on it. Love means different things to different people, and sometimes can only be based on your knowledge and opinion.

So imagine the pure confusion of Max when he first began to get butterflies in his stomach every time he looked at you. Imagine the confusion when he couldn't help but crack a smile whenever you came around picking on him or doing something with Neil.

Man, he had such heart eyes for you. Everything you did was amazing to him. When you woke up with bed head, when you went on adventures with Nikki and when you helped Harrison practice his magic when you stood up to Nurf or even when you help Dolf makes arts and crafts, and genuinely when you just show kindness to everybody.

Max? Attracted to kindness? Weird, huh?

"What's shakin' bacon" you questioned sitting down next to Max in the mess hall. His face instantly went a bright shade of pink, and that familiar queasy feeling returned to his stomach, but god, he had to smile. Just looking at you made him so happy.

"What does it fucking look like?" Max replied attempting to hide his smile, flashing the shitty potatoes at you. You let yourself flash a smile as you ruffled Max's hair. "Of course, you're already swearing like a sailor and I just came back from helping out Neil."

Max loved it how you got along with his friends. Then again, they were your friends too. He loved it how you got along with everyone, even David.

"Max, do you have a crush on (Y/N)?" David would question. "What?! No, are you joking me? Are you fucking insane?" Max would always reply in some way similar to a breakdown. He almost didn't want to fully believe he loved you because the feeling confused him.

He had never really loved anyone before.

Sure, he cared for Nikki and Neil. Sure, he loved his parents, but that was mainly because it just seemed like a thing you had to do. The only thing he really loved in his life was his stuffed teddy bear, but of course, that was an object.

Max wanted to talk to somebody about it, but he didn't know who. David would spill the secret, Gwen would try to make a show out of it, Nurf would bully him, Nikki would also spill it, Neil wouldn't care, and everyone else? Totally off the table.

"Hey.. (Y/N)?" Max asked curiously, almost silently. You glanced over to Max with a slight smile "yep Max?" and you almost immediately noticed the little blush on his face when he began to stare at your mouth. "How do you tell if you're in love?" he quickly spits out, almost embarrassed at the fact that he was suggesting such a thing.

"Well.." you mumbled quietly, scooting a bit closer to Max. "You'd do anything for that person. They're one of the most important people in your life, and every time they're around you can't help but feel.. happier. They make you want to be a better person, and would always encourage you to improve yourself. If you truly loved somebody, you'd want to grow WITH them."

Max's face was a bright red at this point, and he had his hood pulled up over his black hair. His mountain meadow colored eyes were full of fear. Max certainly didn't want to lose you after everything he had gone through to determine if he loved you or not, and he definitely didn't want to lose one of the only reasons Camp was good nowadays.

"Sooo.." you coughed awkwardly, dragging out the o's. "Who's the lucky girl?" you mumbled out the question quietly because little did Max know, you loved him too.

Max stiffened quickly, maybe he hadn't fully accepted it yet? "She's.. she's really cool.." he said glancing down. "She's also.. really kind. She cares for everybody and God, I love it. She somehow even manages to like David, which I mean, seems almost impossible."

When Max finally looked over to get your reaction, he noticed that you hadn't caught on yet. "..I trust her more than anyone" Max mumbled quietly, staring straight into your eyes as he did so. His hands were awkwardly stuffed into his pockets, and his hood was still pulled up over his head. He looked as awkward as ever.

"And.. she's one of the only good aspects of this hell hole" Max added with a bitter laugh, leaning back slightly against the table. Your face was a bright pink at this point, but you couldn't help wrapping your arms around Max's neck. "I love you too, Max.."

Max pulled you over onto his lap and wrapped his arm's around your torso. You were basically cuddling in public, and for once, Max didn't care. He was happy and genuinely happy. Not some bullshit he'd fake for David during parent's day or for Neil when he had to pretend to care about something.

Because, God, he loved you
© Copyright 2019 Savvy (campersavvyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180483-Camp-Camp-Max-X-oc-reader