*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180645-Friends
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2180645
Alex, highschool loser.....And Josh the Jock. To different animals one outcome....Friends?
I was the last day of school and it was coming to a close with his bag preemptively packed. Alex didn't want to be here any longer than he had to. During the last fifteen minutes Alex just sat there and thought to himself, "friends what are they good for anyways". As he pondered through the meaning of his life Alex felt something hit the back of his head. Alex turned to find a crumbled up wad of paper laying on the ground. Acrossed the room Alex saw the one person he hated more than anything, his bully. Josh was a high school jock and everyone loved him. Well almost everyone, ever since Alex was a young fox, Josh put the bull in bully. Everyday was a new way to be tortured and Alex just took it. He looked over at Josh and scuffed, as he mumbled under his breath, "wow real creative". Just as he said that Otis, Josh's owl friend leaned in and whispered something and Josh just smiled with a grim look. Alex realized he made a huge mistake. Alex thought to himself, "dammit those damn owls and their impeccable hearing". Alex knew he wasn't getting out of school fast enough. The bell chimed and he stood up fast and tried to make a break for the door. Alex, now out of the classroom rushed down the hall and out the front door. He thought he managed to escape, but as he made a mad dash for the sidewalk he heard someone shout his name. Without hesitation Alex dashed acrossed the sidewalk and began to run home. On the way Alex contemplated different possible outcomes that could have happened at school. As he rounded the corner two streets away from his house, Alex came face to face with non other than Josh. With a devilish smirk Josh threw Alex to the ground and began to speak very agitated, "so sneaky rat where are you heading". Alex hesitant to speak gurgled the words home before Josh picked him up by his sweatshirt. Josh even more aggressive than he has ever been stared deep into Alex's eyes and said, "so you wanna see something creative". Josh set Alex down softly and said, "i'm sorry Alex for everything". Alex froze up unable to speak, what was another moment he wanted to forget just turned into something he could never forget. Alex stuttering, he spoke softly still nervous and fearful he might say the wrong thing, "w..why are you s..sorry". Josh bowed his head feeling ashamed. Then he spoke, "i have done, no been a terrible person to you".
© Copyright 2019 Zachary.exe (darkzonezach at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180645-Friends