*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180785-STREET-DRUGS
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by RAPHA
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Educational · #2180785
This piece covers correlations between drugs, crime and the demonic.

STREET DRUGS
This piece covers correlations between drugs, crime and the demonic. Although examples are taken from the UK, I believe, general principles apply to other countries.

According to The Telegraph, there is strong link between between crime and drug-taking. Almost seven offenders in every 10 arrested by police tested positive for illegal substances, according to research published in 2000.

Frank (not real name) told me he picked up what he had been led to believe was an ordinary roll-up in McDonald's. He took it back to his flat, took "just one pull" and for about five hours kept falling over and trying to stand up. During this time he said his heart was pounding and he was coughing up or vomiting a white substance.

It is quite probable that this roll up contained a synthetic drug such as Spice or Black Mamba. These substances are collectively called synthetic cannabinoids and can cause vomiting, hallucinations, put users into a zombie-like state and even death.

Recently another drug dubbed "Monkey Dust" is being regularly used in the Staffordshire area. Symptoms include: unpredictable behaviour, psychosis of being paranoid, superhuman strength in some cases and no fear of doing anything.

Monkey dust is a stimulant known as a cathinone and classified as a Class B drug. Other drugs in this classification include amphetamines, barbiturates, codeine, cannabis, mephedrone and synthetic cannabinoids.

Regarding Class A drugs the number of deaths in England and Wales due to the synthetic opioid fentanyl rose by 29% in 2017, Office for National Statistics data shows. This drug can be up to 100 times stronger than heroin. Meanwhile there were 432 deaths related to cocaine in 2017 - the highest amount ever recorded. Cocaine when used as crack causes hallucinations and seizures.

Interestingly, the Greek word pharmakeia, the word that pharmacy comes from, is used three times in the New Testament and is translated either as witchcraft or sorcery. For example: "Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts." (Revelation 9:21).
One commentary on this verse states, "Drugs are used in association with sorcery because they place the practitioner into an altered state of consciousness whereby he or she becomes more open to contact with the demonic realm (1)."

There is good evidence to suggest that there is not only a strong link between drugs and crime but also between drugs and the influence of demons.

Michael Rapha
https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/revelation/revelation-9/revelation-9-21.html


on the internet at the following addresses:-
E-mail:michael.rapha@hotmail.com
Facebook:MichaelRapha
Twitter:RaphaMichael
Youtube Channels: pafn888 and pafn777




© Copyright 2019 RAPHA (rapha777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180785-STREET-DRUGS