*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2181123-Limerick-Queen
Rated: E · Chapter · Relationship · #2181123
Random short story, think of expanding on it.

Limerick Queen


Once upon a time, there was a limerick queen. The queen ruled her land fairly and kindly. She was advised by many great people the Baroness of Books, the Duke of Definitions, and the King of Concepts. The kingdom she ruled was called ReadWriteopia. The kingdom was grand and had attracted many authors, poets, and even artists. The neighboring kingdoms all sent their most promising people to ReadWriteopia, where they would receive an education to further their skills. One day, the great ships that brought new prospects to ReadWriteopia brought someone new. He was a drifter found in the kingdom of DepressoDen. The guy was known as the Poet Prince. The prince and the queen saw each other often, but neither knew what to say. One day, the prince went up to the queen and they started to talk. The prince made a spectacular fool of himself. Even though no one noticed, the prince felt really bad. It seemed he could never talk to her without making a total fool of himself. So, the prince left the kingdom leaving only a short poem for the queen.

There once was a Limerick queen.
Just of the age of thirteen.
She ruled fair and just.
She won everyone's trust.
And then, there was me.
I met you and my world forever changed.
Yet, I embarrass myself and all around me.
So, I must leave but bear no ill will.
I will return someday, for you are my one true love. ?



And that my friends, is the story of the Prince of Poetry and the Limerick Queen. Just remember that your closet friends may come in a different package.

© Copyright 2019 Youawakescreaming (asielentservo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2181123-Limerick-Queen