*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2181259-Wrong-Printer
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest Entry · #2181259
A woman squares off...
"Your new boss is Rob Henley?!" Christine was incredulous. "I'm so jealous, he's awesome! Not to mention he's smokin' hot!"

"You're sexist..." Vanessa laughed. "I gotta get up, my back's killing me."

Vanessa hit print on her computer. "I'll be right back."

Christine got back to work in the adjacent cube.

The copy room was full of robotic wailing. The printer had jammed. "I hate when people do that shhhhhwhaaaaa??" She was so stunned by what she saw, the word couldn't close in her mind.

The piece of paper on the printer carriage had an American flag with a swastika on it. Around the flag were the words:

"USA: built with white pride! Join the revolution!"

At the bottom of the page was a phone number, an address, and an email address.

Vanessa folded one of the flyers and hastily crammed it down her sweater. Whomever printed them would be here soon.

Her new boss came whistling through the door.

He studied Vanessa. A detestable smirk shadowed his face. "Wrong printer." he deadpanned.

As he shut the door behind him, Vanessa realized she was scared. It infuriated her.

"Now that you know about my political leanings." He moved closer to her. "I trust this will stay between us?" To Vanessa, he seemed to take up half the room.

Vanessa rooted herself, keeping eye contact. "No, it won't."

"You have no idea how much I outrank you. Besides, people here adore me, Vanessa. They're not going to want to believe it." He sighed. "So they won't."

He un-jammed the printer, gathered his flyers, and swaggered toward the door.

He spat in the trash can. "I've cleared my cache. You can't prove anything."

Then he left.

Vanessa retrieved the flyer from her bra. "Wanna bet?"


Word Count~293


© Copyright 2019 trailerpark bodhisattva (lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2181259-Wrong-Printer