*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2183410-The-Shores-of-Lonely-Want
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2183410
A poem about love loss. Pure and simple.
I watched you today, but you did not see...
and smiled sweet softly as I’m thinking of what could be.

A fool to rush my want for another.
While lovers run fast to the arms of each other.

I watch for this instance while you drift afar.
Fearing I will be trapped by a glance to long, I stride with a river between us.

Only from this place do I see him dance under the willow trees of weeping... with a girl that bares no resemblance to me.

I move along side to keep you in light,
while clouded eyes move in, and darkness steals my sight.

Tempered with storms of misery I burn through the cool air.
Smoldering passion abound, you do not notice the ash of hate upon your shoulder.

Long is the day when I realized you have moved away.
And fiercely sweeping winds catch my breath when I scream your name.

Sensational breezes of bitterness sting my cheeks as I walk distractedly in the white.
For winter speaks of wasted time; images of love-loss frozen in streams unmoved.

Still I ruminate in the longer moments of warmth forgotten with the turn.
For wanting will not ease.

Perhaps Better days will bloom at the door of seasons change.

Sunrise creeps up to wake the horizon as weary shadows fall to rest.
Tears of dew that have cried in the night begin to dry in the noonday sun.

Washed up with the ebb and flow of the sea, your love lays at my feet.
And all along the shores of lonely want, I walk the land and weep
© Copyright 2019 Jmekirsch (jmekirsch520 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2183410-The-Shores-of-Lonely-Want